Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Awesomeness & Glitter

  Why do I have no confidence in myself when I am not in the safety of my home?  At church, no confidence. At the grocery store, no confidence. Shopping, again no confidence. Yet when I'm safe at home, in my own four walls that are so familiar, so warm and comforting I blossom and come alive. Home is where I become and outgoing dork full of the " awesome gene". I spout comments like " I'm not crazy, I was dropped in a pool of awesomeness and glitter as a child".  And yes there are times I appear to have soaked in that pool for far too long. Like when I start a water fight in the kitchen, or start a rotten tomato fight in the garden with the kids. 

  Yet when I go out around others who don't know me very well or at all I shrink. I retreat back into the darkness of thoughts of how the people are probably judging me. Or they think my kids are undisciplined. Possibly that I'm an oddball since I Homeschool and no one around here does. I feel that since I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom that I easily stand out for judgment from others who don't know me. 

  And then I get back home. Safe. And all the world disappears. I'm back to my haven. My place of openly crazy happiness where Nerf guns are used to shoot ornaments hanging from the ceiling at Christmas. Where family gathers for bible time and prayers are said around the table before meals from youngest to oldest. And a two year olds prayers can get amusing. 

  Why can't I let the world See the pool of awesomeness and glitter that I'm soaking in, that is being continually filled by Jesus?  Why can't I just let people see me for me and not care what they think or how they feel I should be living? So many questions and yet I know where to go for my answers. If I'm willing to do the work and put in the time I can come out the other side fully willing to show all who I truly am and so can you!!

Soaking in Awesomeness & Glitter
  Kate

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love you Katie. You are all awesomeness and glitter.

    Kristy A ~ OBS Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I believe you are the same Missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Katie...your feelings are so familiar to me. I'm so comfortable in my own little domain but take me out of that and I immediately start to doubt myself and who I am and how others will perceive me. God has really been working on that and pulling me out of my comfort zone little by little. It's not easy, but looking back at where I was a couple years ago compared to where I am now and the places He has taken me- it is just crazy! I can't wait to see how He works in my life through this study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you Stacy!! He is doing amazing work in us all. I would have never dreamed I would do a blog. I've always been the quiet one but over the last little while I'm finding my voice and putting it out there more. This study is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE all awesomeness and glitter!! Thank you for being so open and honest. I can't wait to see how God works in you and gives you #AConfidentHeart throughout this study!! ♡♥♡ Love ya girl!

    Amy ~OBS sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh your too sweet!! I hope y'all can relate and maybe be helped some. I so love all your comments. Love you too :)

    ReplyDelete